One of my favorite quotes on the internet:
“That horrifying moment when you’re looking for an adult but then realize you are an adult. So you look for an older adult, someone successfully adulting. An adultier adult.”
We’ve all been there. So next time you find yourself in need of a real adult, here are ten ways to identify the closest one to you.
1.If a child falls and starts bleeding, they do not start to feel dizzy and see purple spots in their eyes.
2. They can get all the way through Turbo Tax without calling their mom once.
3. If they get the wrong food at the restaurant, they are confident enough to tell the waiter and request a new meal.
4. They ask someone nearby for directions while everyone else is scrolling along Google maps on a tiny cell phone screen looking for a familiar cross street.
5. They have a full spice rack with little matching jars.
6. They know how to iron pleated pants.
7. They say phrases like We’re remodeling right now or Look at that crown molding.
8. They actually follow local elections and vote in them.
9. They drink vodka sodas.